Friday, March 27, 2009

The Bamboozler's Shpēl

.
The Book

Some time ago in Hillcountry J-Hurbert-C found a page of words. He couldn't understand a thing of it. He figured if he gave it to his mailman, he could explain the meanings of the words and draw some pictures JC could understand and not forget. Even if he forgot, the pictures would remind him. He just knew this was a very important piece of paper.

He made it a point to meet the mailman and asked him. . .

JC: Mailman, how's it going?
Mailman: Fair to middlin, JC, and you?
JC: I'm a little distraught.
Mailman: Well, why would that be?
JC: You see, I got this page of words and I can't figure out the meaning. I was wondering if you could give it a look and draw some pictures that would explain it.
Mailman: Well, let me see it.


JC handed over the paper. The Mailman intently studied it. It was a page out of TV guide explaining the transporter used on StarTrek. He held back a smile.

Mailman: This is a very important piece of paper, JC.
JC: I knew it was. I felt it in my bones.
Mailman: JC, it's going to take me a little while to figure out what pictures to draw but if you'll give me the paper I'll give it a try. I can't promise when I'll get it done but when I do I'll deliver it to you.
JC: What more could I ask. You're one of the few people I know that can read and I do trust you.
Mailman: OK. When I finish with the translation I'll return it with the original.

And with that the Mailman continued his route. JC anticipated great things.




Copyright © 2007-2009 bessler007

No comments: